Sunday, February 24, 2013

Leaving

Why are you telling me? Oh, Mama and Pa.
Why should this happen? Oh, brother of mine.

Yes, it upsets you we know this is true.
Yes, it is tragic, but we must pull through.

Where will we go? Oh, Mama and Pa.
Where will you go? Oh, brother of mine.

To the land of the trees and the blue eastern sea.
Close by I will be, but away from you.

When will we go? Oh, Mama and Pa.
When will i see you? Oh, brother of mine.

When the sun covers the land, we will fly,
And those times for family, I will not shy away from thy.

Author's note: This was also written somewhere in the middle of seventh grade. The ideas and questions in the poem came from when I moved to New Jersey from Los Angeles a few years ago and my brother went off to college.



Don’t forget to Comment and Subscribe to my feed on Blogger or Subscribe by email!
Thanks,
Jessica*

No comments:

Post a Comment